Play me: https://youtu.be/XV0lI4RQ4j8
Did you know that Video is the best performing content on Facebook? In fact, many social media pages are winning with video across twitter, instagram and of course let’s not forget Youtube.
Video posts perform 10X better than other types of posts and are 20X more likely to be shared. In addition video can’t be topped when it comes to building engagement and convincing people to follow through on your call to action demands.
There isn’t much better than a video to grab attention and spotlight a project. Leveraging video on social media is necessary to capture and satisfy a captive, content – hungry audience.
In my experience, when I evaluate a page that posts videos at least once a week against a similar page that only posts images, the page with video has more engagement, followers and activity. It looks more interesting and typically feels more energetic as compared to a page that posts no videos.
Also playing across all broadcasts Saturday at 9 am et:
Anchor FM: https://anchor.fm/ava-live-radio
iHeartRadio station page : https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-AVA-Live-Radio-Musi-29336730/
Around 100 million hours of video are watched every day on facebook. If you are looking to improve your content strategy, think about posting a video every
- Tuesday at 12 pm and Friday from 8–9 a.m. is ok . But top times include Wednesday from 8–9 a.m., Wednesday at 12 p.m. and Thursday at 12 p.m.
- As a rule I like to keep my video posts launching somewhere in the range of Wednesday through Friday 1 p.m -5 p.m to help them gain the most views.
- The lowest engagement is on Sunday and every day from 10 p.m.–3 a.m. This is actually a better time for conversation rather than to launch a new video.
Video posts have 38% higher engagement rates than regular posts. I’ve noticed that choosing the right cover image is key to improved results. I’ve also seen bumps in my engagement when I post a video to IGTV and share it to my stories and front face of instagram.
While Instagram engagement peaks mid-day and mid-week, there are a few opportune windows found in the evening and morning during the middle of the week. Aside from this advice always look to your own audience to see when they are most active as different demographics tend to share the same scrolling habits.
- Mostly I find that the best times to post on Instagram are Wednesday at 11 a.m. and Friday at 10–11 a.m.
- Wednesday is the overall best day to post to Instagram with a bump from 3-4 pm
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m–3 p.m.
- Sunday receives the least amount of engagement on Instagram until early evening from 7pm – 10 pm et
- The least amount of engagement occurs during late night and early morning from 11 p.m.–3 a.m.
users watch 10 billion videos a day. The videos are mostly small and very entertaining. be sure to do some research on the platform to see what kind of video is being launched there before you edit your content.
Of course youtube is the King when it comes to video. Each video has the possibility of being ranked on google search and if you optimize your videos titles, tags and description, you are more likely to be recommended in youtubes recommended video category. Youtube is the leading video content distributor by 83% still to this day.
I’ve also been very impressed by their platforms shift to social media style updates within the app and the community is very reflective of your activity level. Meaning that the more time you spend on the platform, the more people will support your content.
Best Days and times to post videos on youtube
- Monday – Wednesday : 2-4 pm
- Thursday- Friday: 12-3 pm
- Saturday – Sunday : 9 – 11 am
- The best days of the week are : Thursday and Friday
- 2nd best days: Saturday & Sunday
Twitter has recently updated the way you have access to live streams and video on the app. This means that they are giving special attention to people who launch video there. This is a great time to work the platform to gain exposure.
- The best times for media to post on Twitter are Thursday at 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Other high engagement times include Thursday from 4 p.m–8 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Thursday night tends to hold up for many more hours than any other week night.
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday from 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
- The day with the least engagement on Twitter is Friday night and Saturday.