Do you have a blue checkmark icon on your spotify profile?
Granted that you are already streaming your music on Spotify, if your artist profile (or “discography page”) doesn’t have a little blue check, Let’s change that!
What do you get once you’re “verified?”
Once you’re verified on Spotify, you can:
• Merge your artist discography page with your user profile
• Share playlists directly with your fans
• Add custom art and descriptions to playlists (including links)
• Update your artist profile image directly from the Fan Insights interface
• Access analytics with Fan Insights
• Start applying for Spotify curated playlists
Of coarse, it’s possible to get your music onto playlists without being a verified artist on Spotify, but having that little blue checkmark on your profile will really help you in your efforts to be taken seriously on the platform and get the attention of Spotify playlist curators which could make your career.
In order to be verified, Start here.
Tip: I have discovered that it’s much easier when you log in with Facebook and twitter.
Fill in the forms and provide a complete list of all your social media pages and website (preferable all matching the same name)
Take a look: https://artists.spotify.com/faq
The importance of getting your Spotify account in order is to hopefully get on the road to capturing noted success such as artist Perrin Lamb.. When CD Baby artist Perrin Lamb got a song placed on the “Your Favorite Coffeehouse” playlist (curated by their in-house editorial team) has over 2 million followers playlist in 2015, he earned almost $60k from just that one song on the platform.
Step 1 : Set a verification goal
- Fill in the forms and then start actively promoting your spotify channel and single song links.
Step 2: Prep Your Website:
- Prepare your website by Embedding the Spotify Follow Button on your website’s homepage so visitors can follow you on Spotify without having to leave the page they’re on.
- Create a Spotify-centric page on your website where you’ve embedded a Spotify player (for your latest album, single, or playlist) AND a Spotify Follow Button. To do so, click the ellipses next to any song, album, or playlist on Spotify, THEN SELECT </> and “copy embed code.” Paste that code into any HTML page. (Depending on your web service, you may have to follow the instructions for embedding html into your website)
- Integrate a Spotify Play Button into your site as well to encourage visitors to start engaging with your music right away (again, without having to leave your website).
- IT LOOKS LIKE THIS BELOW..
- A SINGLE MUSIC PLAYER..
A PLAYLIST MUSIC PLAYER…
(*** While your here, follow my account so I can review your music to consider for my personal Music Playlists. )
Step 3: SUBMIT TO RADIO PLAYLISTS
Submit your newest single and most popular song to be considered for the A.V.A Live Radio Playlists: http://www.avaliveradio.info/submit-music-1/
Step 4: Ask your fans to follow you on Spotify
Perhaps it goes without saying, but the most important thing you can do to get more people to follow your music on Spotify is… ask people to follow your music on Spotify!
- Ask your fans on social media to follow you on Spotify, and send them to the Spotify page you created on your website. This page will have everything they need to take action and engage with your music on Spotify, while you still control the experience from YOUR website. Be sure to explain why it’s important that you reach that 250-follower threshold, and how a “Follow” on Spotify is one of the best ways to show support for the artists they love on that platform.
- Send an email newsletter with a call- to- action asking fans to follow you on Spotify. Again, be sure to tell them why it’s important, and then link them to the Spotify page on your website.
- Link to the Spotify-centric page on your website (at least for the duration of your campaign to get to 250 followers) from your YouTube video descriptions, Twitter bio, the “about” section of your band’s Facebook page, Instagram bio, and more.
- Tell your fans at shows to get out their phones and follow you on Spotify.
- Consider digital advertising via Facebook, YouTube, or Google to attract additional followers.
- Encourage your fans to share playlists containing your music with their friends.
- Encourage followers of your personal profile to also follow your artist discography page.
Are you already on Spotify? Here’s how to be included in my personal playlists.
1) Go to the account below and click follow so we can follow you back and review your work to add it to my playlists that are coated for new singles every day: https://open.spotify.com/artist/1HZcJUPYLiuYMGmom4cBIv
Step 5: Verify your Spotify account!
- When you have 250 followers, go HERE to merge your user profile with your artist discography page. As mentioned above, once you’re verified, your discography page will get that little blue checkmark, you’ll be able to change your artist image, and you’ll be able to brand your playlists with custom art and descriptions, plus share those playlists and your listening habits with your fans. Perhaps most importantly, there’ll be an automatic notification sent to your followers whenever you release new music on Spotify.
Need more info: https://artists.spotify.com/faq/verification
ARE YOU READY TO LEARN ABOUT…
How to use Layering to Attract Music Fans, Make Money Streaming and Chart on Billboard http://lsh.re/1E1MM