I’ll bet this blog post is going to really surprise you.
Want to listen to the audio? I talked about this topic in detail today on New Music Monday.
5.1 New Music Monday http://tobtr.com/9993057
Becoming a Successful Artist
It’s no lie that there are tons of amazing artists in this world but many people see this as a set back. Believe me, it’s no set back. Seeing artists creating projects and producing music means that technology will continue to grow and offer even more free tools to help artists to develop their skills. It also means that the cost of producing and launching music will continue to be very affordable as companies are all working hard to compete with each other to get the attention of each artist. Another great advantage is that all of your fellow artists are training music fans to seek out music that they REALLY love. This will make it easier for you to find your niche audience on any social media platform as they will be searching for someone just like you. Finally, with more than 500 million people out there on each social media platform, your odds are great that you’ll find at least 5,000 people who will LOVE your music.
Word to the wise:
NEVER ask someone to help you build your business for FREE. It’s the most insane expectation and a common mistake that many indie artists make today. Value for Value is always the best rule in building any business.
What Kind of Artist do you want to be?
What you will need:
- Website –
- Email list to nurture relationships and stay in touch with your fans
- Social page of choice, typically you need 2 of these (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube)
- Payment option (PayPal or your website build on a platform that has an incorporated shopping cart Squarespace)
- Smart Phone with a great camera
- Video camera
- Computer to edit your videos
- Distribution platform (revebrnation, CD baby, band camp, tune core.. look at them carefully and compare)
- Marketing Strategy (Which you can get from this website, check below for some awesome categories)
If you really want this, you can make it happen. Get started by following the steps of this blog post and you’ll start to see a clear pattern and strategy emerge. Don’t worry about how your going to fund it until you get there. First you build it, then you can learn about how to collect the income, how to market to your email list, how to crowdfund… It’s all going to part of your business strategy depending on what you choose.
Define who you want to be and do the research.
ALREADY HAVE ALL THIS DONE??
Submit your music using our expedited music submission page to get on board with us and start getting some help bringing in new fans from Internet Radio : http://www.avaliveradio.info/submit-music-1/
I have some great resources below as well as an email list you can sign up for at the bottom of the page..
- 3 KEYS TO YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING SUCCESS in 2017 https://youtu.be/MlIsv552mbo
- Live streaming guide: Learn why it’s important to live stream today and how to use it to build a community around your music. http://jacquelinejax.tv/category/learning-resources/live-broadcasting-guide/
- Instagram: Learn how instagram is changing into a major brand builder for musicians and how you can attract brand relationships. http://jacquelinejax.tv/category/learning-resources/social-media/instagram-tips/
- Driving Traffic with Twitter: Are you using Twitter? Learn how to use Twitter to reach a larger audience and interact with music industry and music fanshttp://jacquelinejax.tv/category/twitter-tips/
- Are you ready to start Understanding facebook ?http://jacquelinejax.tv/category/facebook-tips/
For additional help, I have just launched additional help on social media: