Marketing Your Music Is Necessary, But Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult
The Most Important Music Marketing Is Focusing on Raising Awareness
Making amazing music isn’t enough in itself to raise awareness and get noticed by valuable people in the industry. Like anything else, you must use what you can to raise awareness.
Making your music available to people in stores and online doesn’t equal awareness nor sales. There are thousands of new songs published to streaming sites and social media pages every day.
Anyone who’s tried this as their big play, knows that this isn’t the case. All that happens is you create a place where you can send people to hear or buy your music. It’s not the actual marketing strategy.
Having music available and letting people know about your talent are two very different things.
Awareness means that you take the music that people actually want to listen to and create a realistic plan to get the music in front of specific groups of people. Each one of those groups is your niche audience.
New acts are coming out all the time fighting for people attention, the very best way to get the right attention is to NOT go after every. Instead go after the niche group that is more open to discovering your music.
Great spaces where you can locate a niche audience are music blogs and forums who are tailored to the exact audience you are trying to reach.
- Indie music stations such as A.V.A Live Radio who have a built in audience looking to discover NEW music in all genres. Submit your music here: https://www.avaliveradio.info/airplay/
- Magazines that focus on featuring success stories about making music, production or how to balance a music career.A great one for this is American Pride Magazine: Pitch a story here: http://www.americanpridemagazine.com/submit/
- Announcement pages: Indie music spin is an online music publication that offers indie artists a way to press out an announcement about a new single, album or music video to both music industry, other blogs and radio stations , music fans, and influencers.
Submit your music: http://indiemusicspin.com/submit-music/
- Social media group pages: Facebook and linkedin both have groups you can join that allow you to post music of specific genres to people who enjoy that particular style.
Here are 2 indie music groups you will enjoy:
- Twitter and Instagram offer hashtags that you can use to seek out people who may enjoy what you have. Look in the comments of more active artists for musicians fans and join in the conversation. Do not spam your links, just contribute to the conversation so people can see you.
You can also use the most applicable hashtags in your own posts to bring your content into that feed.
Some hashtags you may find helpful: #songwriterslife #songwriting #unsigned #unsignedartist #musician #music #musicians #newmusic #indiemusic #indieartist #indieartists #newalbum #newartist #musicphotography #musicproduction #producer
Host of www.AVALiveRadio.com